Monday, October 11, 2010

Here's the thing. I don't like pain. It's not my bag. No offense to those who Love it. It's just not for me. One might even say I have a low pain tolerance. (stay with me, I'm going somewhere here.) at least that's what I've been told. So pain is a big deal to be. Mega, hurts so much you want to vomit pain is an even bigger deal.
The latter is what I'm dealing with right now. I woke up Saturday at around 330 in the morning with super nauseous making pain in my left wrist. No j don't know why. No I don't know what could have done it. It was there and it fucking hurt like hell. So that night was unpleasant. I woke up hours later to find nothing had changed. (seriously, I have a point. I promise.) so I'm useless and in pain and any movement of my left hand resulted in my screaming bloody murder and gagging. I took aleve but that didn't help. Today was no different, with the exception that I've now missed two nights of sleep because of this crap. So I went to the doctor.
(HERES the whole point of this whole thing!!!)
As I was driving to the doctor j looked at the steering wheel. I had looped my index and middle fingers around the wheel and was drivin like I had a hook so as to keep my wrist somewhat stable and keep my thumb securely stuck out sideways where is couldn't move and make me scream. I had adapted without realizing it. Yep, that's it. That's the whole point of this post. I find it fascinating how quickly we can adapt, without consciously doing it, to avoid pain. The end.

1 comment:

Cracks In The Crystal Ball said...

It is amazing how our minds will make our bodies adapt to all kinds of pain, emotional and physical! And, it does this with out us even noticing it happening.