I went to Lamill coffee yesterday, traitor that I am, and as much as their menu sounds delicious I think they are definitely not a significant replacement for the Backdoor Bakery.
1. The first thing I noticed was that their outdoor area was significantly lacking. 4 tables and certainly not enough space for us locals and our dogs.
2. once inside it looked like a P.T.A. meeting from my sister's school in northridge had let out early.
3. This morning, while walking by with my dog I heard a woman in Gucci with fake boobs squeal, "what is this neighborhood? It's soooo cute! We should spend more time here!"
4. Coffee the size of one of my (very small) dog's ears for $4.
5. No trash can?!
6. No sweetener?!
7. A dog trough out back, which I didn't bother to go look at as it seems they would have been better served by creating more patio space, especially given that my pup weighs 4 pounds and cannot really be left alone with other, much bigger dogs.
In short, I will be walking up to Tropical for my morning coffee. We have no need for a little taste of brentwood in our home space.
One update on the move and they evil bitch that threw them out... Moderna Salon has 2 signs in their window.
1. Moderna Salon wishes Backdoor Bakery all the best in their future endevours.
2. Moderna salon welcomes Lamill coffee (followed by the address).
Truly, truly disgusting.